The NCPGS annual meeting is scheduled for January 26, 9 to 11:45 a.m. The event will be held virtually …
Agriculture & Food
Extension and research at NC State address timely issues impacting our state. Extension delivers trusted information directly into the hands of farmers and agribusinesses, helping them translate knowledge into solutions that grow our economy and communities.
Amidst pandemic fears of potential insecurity, there is a rise in the reality of the sensitivity of our food …
According to the 2017 Agriculture Census, there are about 74,000 ag producers in North Carolina, and 27% of those …
In a time when the younger generations leave their rural homes in pursuit of higher education and newfound opportunities, …
NC Farm School graduated its 19th class of successful agricultural entrepreneurs on June 4, 2019. NC Farm School has …
Blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries are two of the most popular berries at the farmer’s market every summer. The demand …
NC Farm School is a key resource for those who are seeking to keep land in farm production. For …
Through NC Farm School, alumni gain more than insight into the ABCs of agricultural business planning. They also forge …
Lis Murray endeavored to start a blueberry farm with her husband Tim. They came to NC Farm School because …
Learn More Using the Resources Below
- Ag BioTech
- Executive Farm Management Program
- Extension Entomology - Insect Biology and Management
- Extension Plant Pathology
- Industrial Hemp
- NC FarmLink
- NC Integrated Pest Management (IPM)
- NC Pesticide Safety Education
- NC Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education Program
- Official Variety Testing
More Extension Programs at NC State University
- Agricultural and Human Sciences
- Agriculture and Resource Economics Extension
- Apiculture and Beekeeping
- Biological and Agricultural Engineering
- Crop and Soil Sciences
- Extension Soils Program
- Mountain Horticultural Crops Research and Extension Center
- Vernon James Research and Extension Center
National eXtension Resources
Partnerships and Organizations
- Center for Environmental Farming Systems (CEFS)
- National eXtension Initiative
- NC Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
- NC State Climate Office
- USDA Agricultural Marketing Service
Publications, Information, and News
Recent Publications related to Agriculture & Food
This factsheet covers several factors to consider when leasing farmland for solar farm purposes. Property …
This factsheet discusses protoporphyrinogen oxidase (PPO)-inhibiting herbicide injury in soybean.
This factsheet discuses very-long-chain fatty acid synthesis-inhibiting herbicide injury on soybean.
This factsheet discusses PS-II-inhibiting herbicide injury on soybean.
This factsheet discusses HPPD and clomazine injury on soybean.
A good source of water is a necessity for producing quality vegetables. During periods of …
Are Neighbors Benefiting from Wine Tourism Development? Perceptions from the North Carolina Piedmont Triad
This publication discusses how residents of the North Carolina Triad area perceive the benefits of …
Green fruitworm description, life cycle, damage, and control.