NCFS 2023 Southeast-Eastern NC
El inglés es el idioma de control de esta página. En la medida en que haya algún conflicto entre la traducción al inglés y la traducción, el inglés prevalece.
Al hacer clic en el enlace de traducción se activa un servicio de traducción gratuito para convertir la página al español. Al igual que con cualquier traducción por Internet, la conversión no es sensible al contexto y puede que no traduzca el texto en su significado original. NC State Extension no garantiza la exactitud del texto traducido. Por favor, tenga en cuenta que algunas aplicaciones y/o servicios pueden no funcionar como se espera cuando se traducen.
English is the controlling language of this page. To the extent there is any conflict between the English text and the translation, English controls.
Clicking on the translation link activates a free translation service to convert the page to Spanish. As with any Internet translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not translate the text to its original meaning. NC State Extension does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text. Please note that some applications and/or services may not function as expected when translated.Collapse ▲
2023 NC FARM SCHOOL IN-CLASS TRAINING
Classroom sessions will be held on the dates below from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the Bladen County Extension Center, 450 Smith Cir., Elizabethtown, NC 28337. Snacks, drinks, course material, and online resources will be provided.
Program cost is $399 per person or $599 per pair
2023 NC FARM SCHOOL FIELD DAY DATES
Field day locations will be in the counties below at the dates listed. Field days run from 8:30 a.m. arrival time to a 3:00 p.m. departure and the specific locations and farms are TBD. Field days will be announced along with an agenda for the farms we will attend in class prior to the event. A local lunch is provided and group transportation from county offices will be available.
March 15th -Cumberland/Hoke Counties
April 12th – Pender County
May 10th- Bladen County
May 31st- New Hanover County
IMPORTANT PROGRAM INFORMATION / FAQ
- NC Farm School is offered in person and online(virtually), students who apply must declare their method of attendance as a part of their application. We encourage in-person attendance to get the most from NCFS but we respect preferences and schedule requirements for all students. Field days will be in person only.
- Applications are reviewed and accepted monthly from September-January or until all program spots are full. All applications are due on or before January 13th or until the program spots are full. We cap the class at 30 people to ensure we have the capacity to serve each student well.
- If you have applied, those who are accepted will receive an email notification along with payment terms and instructions.
- Our program is subsidized and the cost you see reflected is a portion of the cost it requires to run the program. This is thanks to sponsors and state funding made available to help start and support farms in NC. Those dollars go to local food, local farmers, course materials, program development, and our graduation event which is open for all students to attend with a guest.
- We expect students to attend 6 of the 8 sessions and complete a minimum business plan required to receive a graduate certificate.
- Field day attendance is not required as a part of the graduation requirement but attendance will be in person only.
- We will use internet technology and we have a student-based website as well as an online/interactive business planning tool. The program embraces all learning styles and completion of a business plan is possible in multiple formats.
- This program includes an on-farm consultation visit and students are expected to sign up for their on-farm visit based on schedule availability communicated via email and sign-up link.
For specific questions about billing or for persons with disabilities and persons with limited English proficiency may request accommodations to participate by contacting Becky Spearman, North Carolina Cooperative Extension, Bladen County Center at 910-862-7851, firstname.lastname@example.org, at least 10 business days prior to the event.